La Mesa was always a part of growing up, whether it was skating at Aquarius, learning ballroom dance at Mr. Benjamin's, or celebrating birthdays in Collier Park. My first job in high school was with the East County Economic Development Council on La Mesa Blvd., just blocks from where I live today.
I joined the Jerry Brown for Governor Campaign in 2010. I was appointed by Governor Brown to serve in his administration, where I worked on policy for affordable housing and economic development.
Currently I serve as Policy Counsel at Circulate San Diego, advocating for public transit, safe walkable streets, greenhouse gas reduction, and sustainable land uses.
As an advocate, I have delivered for the region:
- I led a successful campaign for the local transit agency to update their troubled Compass Card fare payment system.
- I organized a successful and bi-partisan coalition to win incentives for building affordable homes near transit.
Civic engagement is very important to me. I co-founded La Mesa Conversations, a local forum for La Mesa residents to share their opinions on matters of local importance. I also co-founded the San Diego Leadership Alliance to train young professionals throughout the region to be involved with civic life.
Over the last few years, I have had the honor of serving my community in a number of capacities, and have won several recognitions:
- Former chairperson of the League of Conservation Voters’ annual environmental report card
- Board member of the La Mesa Foothills Democratic Club
- Steering Committee member for La Mesa Conversations
- Ex Officio Board member of the San Diego County Young Democrats
- Appointed member of the City of San Diego’s Climate Action Plan Implementation Working Group
- Named San Diego Metropolitan magazine’s 40 Under 40
- Named one of the San Diego Daily Transcript’s Top Young Attorneys
- Named one of the San Diego Transcript's 40 Under 40 business professionals
- Profiled by the Union Tribune
- Profiled by San Diego CityBeat